Selected Topics Highlighted by Clips of Notable Sites
Belgian company Barco has unveiled what's probably the most advanced flight-training simulator in the world, a fully immersive, 360 degree system using rear projection.
The RP-360 is designed to give pilots the most realistic view possible, and can be hooked up to other simulators so that several pilots can carry out mission training together.
It's claimed to be the first flight sim to give the pilot a completely uninterrupted 360-degree view, and can be used to simulate a number of different fighter jets.
Barco's RP-360 is a rear-projected spherical display system for full 360° immersive training. The system performance produces the most accurate image quality on the market today.
At a glance
• 13 or 14 projectors
• 25:1 system contrast
• Resolution better than 4 arcmin/OLP
• 10ftL brightness
• can fit in rooms down to 14ft high
It features the following dedicated technologies for multi-channel setups:
• DynaColor: automatic color calibration across channels
• Linked constant light output: brightness equalization across channels
• Edge blending: creates one seamless composite image
• Warping: precise geometry correction for curved surfaces
• Smearing reduction: handles fast-moving imagery effortlessly